Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Best Job I Ever Had

Today's post is not about looking forward to finding a new job; today I'm looking back. Today is the anniversary of a wonderful event in my life, and I have a past job to thank for it. That's why, of the many terrific opportunities I've had during my career, I always rank my job as Senior Editor at ASAE as the best. Through my work at ASAE during the 1990s, I met my soulmate--my husband, Jeff--and today is the 12th anniversary of our first date.

After writing an article for me in 1999, Jeff asked me out to lunch. We went to Art Gallery Grill on I Street, as I had done a million times before with ASAE coworkers. After lunch, we walked a few blocks to the park across from the White House. It was a gorgeous day, and we sat on a bench, talking for forever. By the time I got back to the office, I already knew that ASAE would always hold an additional special place in my heart as a party to my happy personal future.

Thank you ASAE. And Happy Anniversary Jeff!

No comments: