Monday, October 31, 2011

Dressed for a Job I Can’t Do

For Halloween, I thought about dressing up as a fully employed association executive. I certainly have all the clothes for that costume, and it seemed like a good way to generate luck for my job hunt. Then I thought about the little witches, vampires, black cats, princesses and supermen who’ll be ringing our doorbell this evening. While I’ve done a pretty good job over the years in explaining to the kids in my family exactly what I do for a living, when I open the door later today, I don’t think our trick-or-treaters would get it.

So here I am as a chef. Our cat is confused, and when my husband gets home from work, he’ll get a good laugh. I will, however, use my extremely limited cooking skills tonight. In between giving out candy, I plan to arrange pre-made ingredients on pre-cooked crusts and bake pizza. Makes me wonder whether the little firefighters, nurses and Kardashian sisters who might show up with pumpkin pails are already thinking about future careers saving lives or telling all on TV.

No comments: