Friday, August 5, 2011

Ready for You To Meet Me in St. Louis!

I am so excited to be in St. Louis at the best educational and networking event of the year for association execs that I couldn't resist writing that goofy headline and adding an exclamation point! (That is somewhat of an inside joke for editors, who are schooled in containing enthusiasm.) Hello ASAE -- I am rar'in to go. I'm here a day early and am following advice from a career coach: Never eat alone. I'm blogging over coffee in the hotel lounge so I can keep an eye out for early colleagues who might like to chat.

Another career tip I try to follow is: Be first. First to apply, first to interview, etc. This aligns with being a starter. So pre-coffee I skipped over to the convention center to pick up my badge and program book. At the registration desk, Jackie told me that I wasn't first, but I was close.

Now I'm really ready to begin. And as I look at the consultant label on my badge, I am more motivated than ever to change that tag to STAFF.

No comments: