Thursday, August 11, 2011

Face to Face

We all love online professional networking--and when appropriate, many of us tack on virtual xxx’s and ooo’s to a message. Hey, why not? Did you see all the hugging going on at ASAE?

Now that we’re home from the conference, we need to continue our face to face and hand to hand and hugs in addition to linking in. The first thing executive coach Marshall Brown said to me in St. Louis after our hello hug (we’ve been friends for a very long time) was: Are you meeting up with people back home?

During my formal career coaching sessions with Marshall a few years ago, he insisted that I schedule coffee chats and lunch dates on a frequent basis to strengthen my professional network. That was in addition to all the networking I did at live educational events. You can find lots of valuable career advice from Marshall at http://www.mbrownassociates.com/Blog/

Best wishes to all of you and virtual hugs to many of you, Gerry