Friday, July 22, 2011

Getting ASAE-Ready (What to Wear??)

Dress not for the job you have but for the job you want -- that classic advice comes to mind right now, as I sit at my laptop, dressed for my current role: under-employed association executive. On this 100-plus-degree day, even in my air-conditioned home, that means I'm completing a freelance project in shorts and a tee. But this isn't one of *those* kinds of blogs. The point is that I need to outline exactly what I want to wear to each and every session and event at the upcoming annual meeting of the American Society of Association Executives. The ASAE conference in St. Louis starts soon, and at every opportunity, I want to look the part of an association communications professional: polished, upbeat, lovely and risk-taking. Guess I'll leave the life jacket at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gerry.
What a great idea for a blog! Looking forward to seeing your reports.

And, I thought I was the only one who planned all my outfits for conferences!! : )
Best, Cecilia